Some pages that somewhy didn’t appear at top of Google searches for WiX help.
- WiXWiki.com - pretty useful and contains some snippets you won’t find in WiX manual or tutorial. Many of rare code snippets
- WiX development releases; some broken (last two broken in VS 2008), some contain the very things you’ll need;
- Justin Rockwood’s blog entry with Votive (Visual Studio addon) preprocessor variables. The blog itself is also thing to read;
- Alex Shevcuk’s blog entry on checking pre- and postconditions in WiX. His whole cycle on WiX - I also highly recommend it;
- Separately, .NET: WixWiki pages about checking for .NET runtime and deploying it with a bootstrapper generated with MSBuild;
- Another WiX wiki on mindcapers.net, I particularily needed ICE38 error explanation;
- John Robbins’ blog entry on patching patching with WiX. You don’t want number of auto-update patches to grow quadratically?
- Last but not the least, MSI properties reference on MSDN.